Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Jungle themes

Hello again,

Welcome to the jungle! (I really couldn't pass up quoting the oh-so-quotable Axl Rose.) After the coffee tasting/art show last month, I was asked to try my hand at jungle scenes. I've been working diligently, and here are the 3 that made the final cut. (Please forgive the repeat!)

Jungle Scene #1, acrylic 
20"x16" canvas

At first, Jungle Scene #1 looked more like Forest Scene #1. The tropical flowers, wrapping vines, and the fern like plants coming from the perimeter helped bring warmth and humidity to my first attempt.
Not yet available on Etsy, Jungle Scene #1 will be offered for $40 + s&h. Contact me if you are interested in making a purchase. 

Bamboo on Red
11"x14" canvas

For more information see my previous post, What comes after coffee? 

Animal Prints
24"x18" canvas

I am a fan of both animal print and color blocking in fashion, so it stands to reason I'd enjoy painting a color block of animal prints! I so enjoyed doing the zebra stripe, I see more of that pattern in my future! Animal Prints is not yet available on Etsy, and will be listed for $50 + s&h. Contact me if you are interested in making a purchase. 

If you have any special requests for a series, feel free to leave a comment, I love inspirations!

Have a wonderful night!

Love, Staci 






No comments:

Post a Comment